Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sewing Again!


I have been eyeing my fabric collection, wondering why - I keep buying fabric when I haven't used what I have.  Since I am in love with some of the new lines coming out-----I am sewing.  Then....I hope to go to Portsmouth to the fabric store.  Heavenly.

This bag/holder is lined with canvas and has one handle.  I did this so that it could hang from a hook or knob.  I think I am going to put my clothes pins in it, by my back door.  Oh wait.....I am suppose to sew for craft fairs.  The little clutch above was going to be a birthday gift, but then I started to do the self doubt thing.  I love homemade gifts, but wonder if others may not.  I know my crafty friends like homemade....but do others?  Could giving a homemade gift be seen as cheap? Not my thought - but my worry.  I should also add that we rotate birthdays in this group and usually spend around the same amount on each other.  It was my turn to provide the gift.  Any thoughts?

Had a migraine last night.  I woke in the middle of the night dreaming about a migraine and wouldn't you know it...I had a migraine.  My lovely husband got the girls off for me and after a little more sleep, I feel mostly better.  I think I was stressed about paying bills.  In case any of you ever need financial advice....don't put a social worker in charge of your money.  Things learned: don't hit send twice, that pays them twice and check your balance before you start.  I know mom....not my strong suit. 





2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, don't give handmade gifts to people who don't appreciate them.

    By the way, I adore handmade gifts!

    Velvet ribbon trim? Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bags!!! I appreciate 'em, I do! I do! Isn't my birthday still in effect?

    ReplyDelete