Monday, October 26, 2009

Friends!

I have learned a lot this past week about friendship. Mostly, I have firmed up some of my own personal beliefs.
- I believe that when you love someone, it does not go away, change yes, but not go away.
- I believe that you should always look for the good in people and try to understand where they are coming from.
-It is okay to disagree, when you are friends, you have to talk it through.
-Relationships change...and that is okay. No one is bad or wrong.
-I find that when you are finding a lot of fault with someone, it often has to do with something within yourself.
-Don't hold on to negative feelings.
-It is natural to grow away from someone, this does not need to be a hurtful thing.


An old friend of mine sent me a note recently, I felt so good inside when I received it. So many years have gone by, but reading her words made it feel like we were back at our old jobs working side by side. She said to me that she believes that people come in our lives and got out and while they are with us we learn something from each other and then go on our way. I guess we have more work with some people then others. I hope this friend is someone that I get to see again. Our lives changed and we have both been involved in other things. She taught me so many lessons before, I think we have more to offer each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment