Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Salvation Army Wednesdays

Nina and I have enjoyed our Wednesday morning trips to Salvation Army.  We learned that Wednesdays are 1/2 price clothing days and have made a fun routine of searching out wool sweaters.  The little guy in the picture is a gift I made for Chloe for Christmas from a few sweater left overs. I have greatly enjoyed creating "softies" lately.  I love the ones made from cotton, but there is something special about using material that is recycled.  Many of the sweaters have holes or stains and can easily be altered to turn into pairs of felted mittens, purses or a one of a kind Sofie.  

I actually started an art quilt today.  I have been making so many things for craft fairs or gifts that I haven't been able to make something just to make something.  It was great.  Nina even took a nap in the bean bag chair across the room.  She sure does like having me within an eye shot.  Moms will do just about anything to get a few minutes for themselves.  You do what works.  

2 comments:

  1. So wonderfully super cute! Can't wait to see the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you worked on something for YOU. I can't wait to see it come to fruition. I love ya, darlin!

    ReplyDelete